About the position:
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain our servers and to handle immediate issues, network uptime and more, together with our pool of engineers and administrators.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Responsibilities are:
- Install and configure Linux servers.
- Manage sever configurations and firewalls
- Manage network stability and abuse reports.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
Our Requirements are:
- Proven experience as a Linux Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with Linux-distros, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Perl and Bash or other system admin language.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification will be a plus (e.g. RHCSA Certification)